Just in for Thanksgiving! Amazing gluten-free Vegan Turkey Roast by Veggie_Momma
2 3/4 extra firmed tofu (or hard tofu, NOT silken)
5 1/3 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
1/2 cup tapioca starch
8 tsp. nutritional yeast flakes
3 tsp. agar powder
2 cubes vegan chicken bouillon ( dissolve cubes in 2 Tbsp. of oil)
2 tsp. sage
1 1/3 tsp. thyme
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 dash black pepper ( I used my papaya seed for this)
1-2 Tbsp. oil
1 cup diced carrot
1 cup chopped celery
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves crushed
6 tsp. Braggs Liquid Aminos (gluten-free soy sauce or tamari)
2 tsp. sage
1 tsp. marjoram
1 tsp. celery seed
1 dash pepper ( to taste)
5 cups fresh gluten-free breadcrumbs ( you can use my gluten-free bread recipe or someone else’s)
1/4 cup oil
6 tsp. Braggs Aminos ( or gluten-free soy sauce)
2 Tbsp.tamarind paste
1/4 c orange juice
1 tsp. mustard powder
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
2. Divide the ingredients evenly into 2 or more batches depending on the size of your food processor.
3. In a bowl put 1 1/2 block of tofu with half of the seasons. Mesh with fork , then place in food processor. You may need to keep stooping to mix the mixture evenly.
5. In a saucepan saute carrot, onion , celery and garlic in little oil or water until cooked. Removed from heat. Mix soy sauce into vegetable mixture.
6.In a bowl mix bread crumbs, herbs, salt and pepper. Add vegetable mixture in the bread crumb and mix well. If the mixture is a little dry add some vegetable broth to hold it together. Adjust seasoning to taste if necessary.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
8. On the kitchen counter place parchment paper on cutting board.
9. Place half batch of the turkey mixture on top of parchment paper .Take a plastic wrap and spread over it, then pressed out about 12″x 10″
10. Place the stuffing like a log on to the center of this. Carefully place the other half on top of this.
11. Gently close the parchment paper together. Wrap foil around this. Squeeze both ends tightly.
12. If possible get someone to help with the wrapping.
13. Gently place on a baking tray. Bake for 50 to 60 mins. Remove from oven, remove the foil and parchment paper then base it with some of the marinade sauce. Place it back in the oven for 1/2 hour @ 350 . Take out and base the roast again.
14. Allow to cool completely then refrigerate until 1 hour before serving.
15. Removed foil and parchment paper ( the easiest way is to simple tear it away from the top)
16. Slice then brush with the rest of marinade sauce ( you will need to make more). Place back into oven for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.
17. Serve with cashew gravy or of your choice.